Quantum Computing News
- Scientists Create World's Thinnest Magnet – Just One Atom Thick! July 25, 2021... to lead to new applications in computing and electronics, such as high-density and compact spintronics memory devices, and new tools for quantum ...
- Quantum Computing Technologies Market 2021 SWOT Analysis, Competitive Landscape and ... July 25, 2021The research report also provides detailed information on new trends that may define the development of these segments in the coming years. Quantum ...
- Emergent Magnetic Monopoles Isolated Using Quantum-Annealing Computer July 25, 2021Scientists at the Los Alamos National Laboratory use a D-Wave quantum annealing computer as a testbed to show that they can separate so-called ...
- Science and technology is central to strong and lasting Indo-US ties July 25, 2021India and the US can be true partners through joint efforts in making the next generation of quantum computers, achieving breakthroughs in the use of ...
- Science and technology is central to strong and lasting Indo-US ties July 25, 2021... making the next generation of quantum computers, achieving breakthroughs in the use of AI, making genome sequencing and analysis affordable, ...
- Age of Aquarius – Susan Miller Astrology Zone July 25, 2021Today, computers can only see a listing which contains a 1 or a 0. However, a quantum computer can check all listings at once, using what scientist's call ...
- Wood Building Panels Market Shares & Forecast 2021-2027: Size, Types, Top Key Players ... July 25, 2021This study shows how important in-depth analysis should be, and how it greatly affects the quality of information provided to the readers. ... Quantum Computing Market Thriving At A Tremendous Growth: Accenture, Rigetti Computing ...
- Quantum Computing Market Thriving At A Tremendous Growth: Accenture, Rigetti Computing, D ... July 25, 2021The latest independent research document on Global Quantum Computing examine investment in Market. It describes how companies deploying ...
- Constructional Steel Electrode Market Shares & Forecast 2021-2027: Size, Types, Top Key Players ... July 25, 2021This study shows how important in-depth analysis should be, and how it greatly affects the quality of information provided to the readers. Further, the ...
- Quantum Computing Market Status, Top Emerging Trends, Growth And Business Opportunities | D ... July 25, 2021The key vendors in the Global Quantum Computing Market include D-Wave Systems, Google, IBM, Intel, Microsoft, 1QB Information Technologies, ...
- Digital Platforms Market to Enjoy 'Explosive Growth' by 2026 | Cloudcraze Software, Accenture, IBM July 25, 2021... industry chain structures and enhancing information use efficiency. ... type of product, the market segmented into :, AI, DLT & QUantum Computing.
- Hacking Bitcoin Wallets, The Dangerous Future Of Cryptocurrencies July 25, 2021Although quantum computing is still in its infancy, governments and private sector companies like Microsoft and Google are working to make it happen ...
- Cooking Oils and Fats Market 2021 – COVID-19 Impact, Future Growth Analysis and Challenges ... July 25, 2021The report offers a mixture of qualitative and quantifiable information ... Is Booming Worldwide | Origin Quantum Computing Technology, D Wave, IBM ...
- Quantum Software Market Is Booming Worldwide | Origin Quantum Computing Technology, D ... July 25, 2021The key vendors in the Global Quantum Software Market include Origin Quantum Computing Technology, D Wave, IBM, Microsoft, Intel, Google, Ion Q.
- China's Gambit For Total Information Dominance: A US-Australia Response – Analysis July 25, 2021... on advanced information and communications technology (ICT), artificial intelligence (AI), and quantum computing. Information-centric systems can ...
- IBM boosts profits. CEO hype quantum computing July 24, 2021Krishna said: “We are building a series of major partnerships to advance the business and science of quantum computing and post-quantum ...
- Alabama's Pension Bought Micron, Altria, and Honeywell Stock. It Sold Disney. July 24, 2021Honeywell announced a deal in June to form a stand-alone quantum-computing company. Honeywell joined the. Nasdaq-100 index last week.
- IBM and CERN on quantum computing to track the elusive Higgs boson July 24, 2021The capabilities of quantum computers are currently under discussion in contexts ranging from banks to merchant ships. This technology, which is still ...
- Spain banking on Apple to invest in AI and video production July 24, 2021... Intel, Qualcomm and PayPal Holdings earlier in the day, Mr Sanchez also highlighted Spain's potential in cyber security and quantum computing.
- Marsha Blackburn Calls On US Department Of Energy To Advance Quantum Computing Research July 24, 2021sent a letter to the Secretary of Energy, Jennifer Granholm, calling for greater support for quantum computing hardware and software through strategic ...
- Steven Weinberg (1933-2021): a personal view July 25, 2021Steven Weinberg was, perhaps, the last truly towering figure of 20th-century physics. In 1967, he wrote a 3-page paper saying in effect that as far as he could see, two of the four fundamental forces of the universe—namely, electromagnetism and the weak nuclear force—had actually been the same force until a tiny fraction of a […]
- U.S. Department of Energy Awards $73 Million to 29 Projects for Quantum Information Science Research July 24, 2021The awards from the Department of Energy (DOE) will study the materials and chemical processes needed to develop the next generation of quantum smart devices and quantum computing technology. The projects will last up to 3 years and will perform fundamental research to understand, predict, and ultimately control matter and energy at the electronic, atomic, and […]
- Quantum Algorithms Institute Receives $2.21 million CAD ($1.76M USD) from the Canadian Government to Get Started July 24, 2021The Quantum Algorithms Institute has been recently established on the Surrey campus of Simon Fraser University in British Columbia, Canada to bring industry, academia, and government together to accelerate the innovation and commercialization of quantum technologies. These funds were provided by Western Economic Diversification Canada to harness British Columbia’s growing global reputation as a leader […]
- ImpaQT Project Receives €600 Thousand ($706K USD) in Funding to Create a Quantum Computer Kit July 24, 2021We reported last January on the formation of the ImpaQT consortium. This is a group of Dutch companies involved with quantum technology that were putting together a kit of components that work together to form a quantum computer. The idea is that other external companies could purchase this kit from the members of the consortium […]
- Honeywell Improves Their H1 QPU to Achieve a Quantum Volume of 1024; Google Improves Sycamore Too July 23, 2021In the auto industry, car makers will often make minor improvements in the cars without completely introducing a new model. Oftentimes they do this when changing to a model year, but sometimes they will do this in the middle of model year. We've just seen something similar in the quantum industry with Honeywell Quantum Solutions […]
- Topology in biology July 23, 2021A phenomenon known from quantum systems could now make its way into biology: Researchers show that the notion of topological protection can also apply to biochemical networks. The model which the scientists developed makes the topological toolbox, typically used only to describe quantum systems, now also available to biology.
- Quantum Computing Inc. Partners with IPQ Analytics for Healthcare Data Analytics and Completes Listing on NASDAQ July 23, 2021When people discuss how pharmaceutical companies can leverage quantum computing the usage of computational chemistry for drug discovery is always the first thing that is mentioned. But pharmaceutical companies may be in an unusual position because they can also potentially use quantum computing for two additional use cases. Part of the process of bringing a […]
- Reducing the infinite for quantum communication July 23, 2021Friday, July 23, 2021 IQC researchers have developed a method to simplify the analysis of quantum communication protocols compatible with existing telecommunications infrastructure.
- Aliro Quantum Receives Funding from the U.S. Air Force for Two Quantum Networking Projects July 22, 2021Aliro Quantum is a quantum networking platform company that spun out of NarangLab at Harvard University that develops simulation and control tools for quantum networks. A key focus is to deliver something they call Quantum Entanglement as a Service (EaaS) to enable the distribution of entangled quantum states between nodes. They have received contracts for research on two […]
- New quantum research gives insights into how quantum light can be mastered July 21, 2021A team of scientists proposes that modulated quantum metasurfaces can control all properties of photonic qubits, a breakthrough that could impact the fields of quantum information, communications, sensing and imaging, as well as energy and momentum harvesting.
- Slowly emerging from blog-hibervacation July 21, 2021Alright everyone: Victor Galitski has an impassioned rant against out-of-control quantum computing hype, which I enjoyed and enthusiastically recommend, although I wished Galitski had engaged a bit more with the strongest arguments for optimism (e.g., the recent sampling-based supremacy experiments, the extrapolations that show gate fidelities crossing the fault-tolerance threshold within the next decade). Even […]
- Atom Computing Gains a CEO, a $15 Million Series A Funding and Membership to the 100 Qubit Club July 21, 2021Atom Computing, a Berkeley, California quantum hardware startup founded in 2018 has been working in stealth mode for the past three years, but has just announced a trio of disclosures that will encourage people to get to know it a lot better. To start, Rob Hays, a computing industry veteran with many years of experience […]
- Xanadu Wins DARPA Grant to Develop a “Circuit Cutting” Quantum Compiler July 21, 2021The problem with many quantum programs right now is that the programs require more qubits than are available in the current hardware. To help improve upon the situation, the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) has awarded Xanadu with a grant to develop a compiler that can cut up the program and run it […]
- IQC members win big at CAP Congress July 20, 2021Tuesday, July 20, 2021 Over 300 student competitors participated in the 2021 Canadian Association of Physicists (CAP) Virtual Congress and Best Student Presentation Competition in June, including two IQC members who won across different categories.
- Making it through a pandemic senior year with curiosity and community July 19, 2021Miles Johnson ’21, a recent graduate in mathematics and EECS, employed a strong dorm network and personal interests including rock climbing and jazz to complete a rich MIT experience.
- Google’s Sycamore Tests Reveal the Real Price of Quantum Error Correction July 18, 2021By Andre Saraiva, UNSW The Google Quantum AI team published a paper in Nature called “Exponential suppression of bit or phase errors with cyclic error correction”. This title is very well crafted, as it contains all the key information condensed in it. They achieve exponential suppression of errors, the holy grail of error correction (QEC). […]
- European Commission’s Horizon Europe and Canada’s NSERC Team to Issue a Call for Proposals with an €8 Million ($11.9M CAD, $9.4M USD) Budget July 17, 2021The European Commission's Horizon Europe and Canada's Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) are partnering to issue a call for joint EU-CAN proposals for research on quantum technologies. Each one will provide funding of up to €4 Million (about $6M CAD or $4.7M USD) for projects related to quantum communication, quantum computing, quantum […]
- IQC student awarded Vanier Graduate Scholarship July 15, 2021Thursday, July 15, 2021 The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship program is awarded to highly qualified doctoral students who demonstrate academic excellence, research potential and leadership.
- Quantum movements of small glass sphere controlled July 14, 2021The quantum movements of a small glass sphere could be controlled for the first time in Vienna by combining microscopy with control engineering, setting the course for future quantum technologies.
- Opening the gate to the next generation of information processing July 14, 2021Scientists have devised a means of achieving improved information processing with a new technology for effective gate operation. This technology has applications in classical electronics as well as quantum computing, communications and sensing.
List of sources
Quantum Computers News — ScienceDaily https://www.sciencedaily.com/rss/…/quantum_computers.xml
MIT News – Quantum computing https://news.mit.edu/rss/topic/quantum-computing
Institute for Quantum Computing https://uwaterloo.ca/…/news.xml
quantum computing – News http://news.fnal.gov/tag/quantum-computing/feed/
Quantum Computing Report https://quantumcomputingreport.com/feed/
- Scott Aaronson https://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/?feed=rss2
- Quantum World Association https://medium.com/feed/@quantum_wa