Quantum Computing News
- Global and Regional Analysis of Spin-Wave Logic Devices Market by Industry Outlook, Dynamics ... November 18, 2019Global Spin-Wave Logic Devices Market report provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to ...
- The future of technology with Michael Dell November 18, 2019This will change the curve,” explained John. Lastly, before the interview ended, we asked Michael and John on Dell's take on quantum computing.
- Marketing and business transformation are inextricably linked, says Accenture's Nikki Mendonca November 18, 2019“Now with quantum computing beginning to show its face, you're talking about a heft of talent that almost requires a huge amount of investment and a ...
- U of T shines at 55th annual Canadian Undergraduate Physics Conference November 18, 2019The applications of cold atoms include quantum computing and quantum simulation, as well as creating exotic states of matter that cannot be ...
- Strategic Forum: Magellan Financial founder Hamish Douglass has 'more concern over Elizabeth ... November 17, 2019Magellan chairman Hamish Douglass says there is an arms race in investment in quantum computing between the US and China. This will underpin ...
- Cambridge Quantum Computing Announces New Release of Updated Software Stack t|ket ™ November 17, 2019t|ket⟩ provides essential tools that allow users to maximise the performance of quantum computers in the NISQ era. CAMBRIDGE, England, Nov.
- Giant Magneto Resistance Based Devices (GMRs) Sales Market Size Trends: Drivers, Restraints ... November 17, 2019Data Storage, Electric Vehicles, Industrial Motors, Semiconductor Lasers, Microwave Devices, Quantum Computing, Other,,If you have any special ...
- After this week's hearing, Libra in actual fact will seemingly be in bother November 17, 2019Google attained “quantum supremacy” with a step forward that can perhaps perhaps well trade computing. Their fifty three-bit quantum computer, ...
- Server Microprocessor Market: Analysis and In-depth study on market Size Trends, Emerging ... November 17, 2019Increasing focus on reducing data centre volume coupled with increasing investment in commercializing quantum computing, and complexity in ...
- Spin-Transfer Torque Devices Market Augmented Expansion to Be Registered by 2019-2025 November 17, 2019The report provides both quantitative and qualitative information of global Spin-Transfer Torque Devices market for period of 2018 to 2025. As per the ...
- Conference on Quantum Computing held in Hyderabad November 17, 2019Hyderabad: IEEE Hyderabad Quantum Computing Special Interest Group (SIG) in association with IIIT-Hyderabad and Microsoft organised a series of ...
- Google's reputation is becoming its biggest problem November 17, 2019Technologies like machine learning and quantum computing could change everything. The problem is Google's reputation threatens to derail all the ...
- Next-gen encryption race heats up after Google's quantum leap November 17, 2019TOKYO -- The race to build digital security for the quantum computing era has begun as the U.S. and China lead state-backed efforts, with Japan also ...
- Capacitive Coupling Isolator Market Dynamics Analysis to Grow at CAGR with Major Companies ... November 17, 2019A recent report on the Capacitive Coupling Isolator market offers a detailed assessment of various micro and macro-economic factors that are ...
- SerDes Market Segmentation and Analysis by Recent Trends, Development and Growth by ... November 17, 2019Global “SerDes market” experts and analysts assess the manufacturers in the market and deliver understandings to clear present and coming market ...
- Antistatic Agents Market Forecast, Manufacture Size, Developments and Future Scope To 2024 November 17, 2019Antistatic Agents Market Reports provides results and potential opportunities and challenges to future Antistatic Agents industry growth. Antistatic ...
- Quantum Cryptography Solutions Market Demand and Future Scope Including Top Players,Size ... November 17, 2019Quantum cryptography uses photons to generate and transmit ... infinite computing power, as it is assured by the laws of quantum mechanics (QM).
- Global Managed Network Services Market Size 2019-2022: Trends and New Growth Opportunities ... November 17, 2019Global “Managed Network Services market” report offers a detailed analysis of the industry, with market size forecasts covering the next four years.
- Canaan Reduces IPO Target, CME to Debut BTC Options: Editor's Pick November 17, 2019How serious is the threat that quantum computing poses to blockchain technology, and what can be done about it? This week, Finance Magnates' ...
- Global Data Center Market 2019-2022 Segmentation Based on Product, Application and Region November 17, 2019A data center is a centralized facility used for data computing, processing, and storage. It includes ... Increasing interest towards quantum computing
- The Aaronson-Ambainis Conjecture (2008-2019) November 17, 2019Around 1999, one of the first things I ever did in quantum computing theory was to work on a problem that Lance Fortnow suggested in one of his papers: is it possible to separate P from BQP relative to a random oracle? (That is, without first needing to separate P from PSPACE or whatever in […]
- Physicists irreversibly split photons by freezing them in Bose-Einstein condensate November 14, 2019Light can be directed in different directions, usually also back the same way. Physicists have however succeeded in creating a new one-way street for light. They cool photons down to a Bose-Einstein condensate, which causes the light to collect in optical 'valleys' from which it can no longer return. The findings could also be of […]
- Annual recruitment post November 12, 2019Just like I did last year, and the year before, I’m putting up a post to let y’all know about opportunities in our growing Quantum Information Center at UT Austin. I’m proud to report that we’re building something pretty good here. This fall Shyam Shankar joined our Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) faculty to do […]
- Microsoft Announces Azure Quantum with Partners IonQ, Honeywell, QCI, and 1QBit November 9, 2019Microsoft has announced its intent to offer quantum computing cloud services through its Azure cloud computing platform. The near term hardware platforms that they will support includes IonQ, Honeywell, and Quantum Circuits Inc. (QCI). IonQ and Honeywell are using the trapped ion technology while QCI is using a superconducting technology. Microsoft is indicating that they […]
- A distinct spin on atomic transport November 8, 2019Physicists demonstrate simultaneous control over transport and spin properties of cold atoms, and thus establish a framework for exploring concepts in spintronics and solid-state physics.
- The morality of quantum computing November 7, 2019This morning a humanities teacher named Richard Horan, having read my NYT op-ed on quantum supremacy, emailed me the following question about it: Is this pursuit [of scalable quantum computation] just an arms race? A race to see who can achieve it first? To what end? Will this achievement yield advances in medical science and […]
- Why NISQ-MP May Become an Important Use Case for the Quantum Internet November 7, 2019It has long been our thesis that one can gain some good insights into how quantum computing technology will develop by reviewing what happened in the classical computing industry and envisioning whether similar things could happen with quantum computing. One of the areas where we see potential similarities is in the use of multi-processing technology. […]
- In classical and quantum secure communication practical randomness is incomplete November 4, 2019Random bit sequences are key ingredients of various tasks in modern life and especially in secure communication. In a new study researchers have determined that generating true random bit sequences, classical or quantum, is an impossible mission. Based on these findings, they have demonstrated a new method of classified secure communication.
- Evading Heisenberg isn't easy October 31, 2019Researchers unravel novel dynamics in the interaction between light and mechanical motion with significant implications for quantum measurements designed to evade the influence of the detector in the notorious 'back action limit' problem.
- Quantum chip 1,000 times smaller than current setups October 31, 2019Researchers have developed a quantum communication chip that is 1,000 times smaller than current quantum setups, but offers the same superior security quantum technology is known for.
- A twist and a spin: harnessing two quantum properties transforms a neutron beam into a powerful probe of material structure October 31, 2019Thursday, October 31, 2019 By cleverly manipulating two properties of a neutron beam, NIST scientists and their collaborators have created a powerful probe of materials that have complex and twisted magnetic structures.
- My New York Times op-ed on quantum supremacy October 30, 2019Here it is. I’d like to offer special thanks to the editor in charge, Eleanor Barkhorn, who commissioned this piece and then went way, way, way beyond the call of duty to get it right—including relaxing the usual length limit to let me squeeze in some amplitudes and interference, and working late into the night […]
- Structured light promises path to faster, more secure communications October 29, 2019Quantum mechanics has come a long way during the past 100 years but still has a long way to go. Researchers now review the progress being made in using structured light in quantum protocols to create a larger encoding alphabet, stronger security and better resistance to noise.
- Giving valleytronics a boost October 28, 2019Physicists have revealed a new quantum process in valleytronics that can speed up the development of this fairly new technology.
- Our Take on Quantum Supremacy October 26, 2019Unless you have been living in a cave for the past week, you could not avoid all the press and hype regarding Google’s official announcement and paper in Nature magazine that describes their successful completion of their quantum supremacy experiment. And you probably also saw IBM’s rebuttal that the speedup for Google’s random benchmark experiment […]
- Small magnets: Wide-ranging impact on information technology October 25, 2019Physicists have identified a microscopic process of electron spin dynamics in nanoparticles that could impact the design of applications in medicine, quantum computation, and spintronics.
- Extracting hidden quantum information from a light source October 24, 2019Researchers report on a technique to extract the quantum information hidden in an image that carries both classical and quantum information. This technique opens a new pathway for quantum enhance microscopes that aim to observe ultra-sensitive samples.
- Achieving quantum supremacy October 23, 2019Researchers have made good on their claim to quantum supremacy. Using 53 entangled quantum bits ('qubits'), their Sycamore computer has taken on -- and solved -- a problem considered intractable for classical computers.
- Quantum supremacy: the gloves are off October 23, 2019Links:Google paper in NatureNew York Times articleIBM paper and blog post responding to Google’s announcement When Google’s quantum supremacy paper leaked a month ago—not through Google’s error, but through NASA’s—I had a hard time figuring out how to cover the news here. I had to say something; on the other hand, I wanted to avoid […]
- A tiny cavity leads to a strong interaction between light and matter October 21, 2019Researchers have succeeded in creating an efficient quantum-mechanical light-matter interface using a microscopic cavity. Within this cavity, a single photon is emitted and absorbed up to 10 times by an artificial atom. This opens up new prospects for quantum technology.
List of sources
Quantum Computers News — ScienceDaily https://www.sciencedaily.com/rss/…/quantum_computers.xml
MIT News – Quantum computing https://news.mit.edu/rss/topic/quantum-computing
Institute for Quantum Computing https://uwaterloo.ca/…/news.xml
quantum computing – News http://news.fnal.gov/tag/quantum-computing/feed/
Quantum Computing Report https://quantumcomputingreport.com/feed/
- Scott Aaronson https://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/?feed=rss2
- Quantum World Association https://medium.com/feed/@quantum_wa