Quantum Computing News
- 2023 Breakthrough Prize in Fundamental Physics Awarded to Four Quantum Scientists September 24, 2022The Breakthrough Prize Foundation sponsored by Sergey Brin, Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg, Julia and Yuri Milner, and Anne Wojcicki awards yearly prices of $3 Million for each of several different categories for fundamental discoveries in their respective field. The 2023 award for the fundamental physics category was awarded to Charles H. Bennett, Gilles Brassard, […]
- The Chicago Quantum Exchange Adds Six New Partners September 24, 2022Five new corporate partners and one non-profit partner have joined the Chicago Quantum Exchange to work with them to advance the science of quantum technology and develop practical applications. The five corporate partners include State Farm, QuEra Computing Inc., PsiQuantum, qBraid, and QuantCAD LLC. And the non-profit partners is Le Lab Quantique (LLQ), a Paris-based think tank. They will join over 30 other […]
- South Korea and the U.S. Open Several Centers to Collaborate on Quantum Research September 24, 2022The Korea-U.S. Science Cooperation Center (KUSCO) announced five different centers to foster collaboration between U.S. and Korean universities on various quantum research projects. These include: The Center for Quantum Error Correction with the Korea Institute of Science and Technology’s Center, NIST, and the University of ChicagoThe Ion-trap Quantum Computing Center with Ewha Womans University and Duke […]
- Quix Quantum Secures a €14 ($13.57M USD) Million Contract to Deliver a 64 Qubit Photonic Quantum Computer September 24, 2022Quix will work with the German Aerospace Center (DLR) over a four year program to install 8- and 64-qubit quantum computers based on photonics at the DLR Innovation Center in Ulm, Germany. Using the Quix processors, DLR research their use for such problems as post-quantum cryptography, quantum machine learning, planning optimization for satellite operations, and […]
- Traditional computers can solve some quantum problems September 23, 2022A new study describes how machine learning tools, run on classical computers, can be used to make predictions about quantum systems and thus help researchers solve some of the trickiest physics and chemistry problems.
- Novo Nordisk Foundation Awards $200 Million (1.5 Billion Danish Krone) to Develop Quantum Systems to Solve Life Science Problems September 23, 2022The project will be led by the Novo Nordisk Foundation and the Niels Bohr Institute at the University of Copenhagen and is scheduled to run for the next 12 years. The first seven of those years will focus on developing materials and hardware to build qubits to ascertain the best quantum platform to use. The last […]
- Podcast with Dr. Bob Sutor, VP of Corporate Development at ColdQuanta September 23, 2022Dr. Bob Sutor, VP of Corporate Development at ColdQuanta is interviewed by Yuval Boger. Bob and Yuval talk about leaving IBM, what Bob has learned about the quantum market in the past year, whether quantum sensors will become mainstream before quantum computing, and much more. Transcript Yuval Boger: Hello, Dr. Bob, and thanks for joining […]
- 'Twisty' photons could turbocharge next-gen quantum communication September 22, 2022Quantum researchers have demonstrated a method for encoding vastly more information into a single photon, opening the door to even faster and more powerful quantum communication tools.
- Key element for a scalable quantum computer September 22, 2022Millions of quantum bits are required for quantum computers to prove useful in practical applications. But this is still a long way off. One problem is that the qubits have to be very close to each other on the chip. Researchers have now come a significant step closer to solving the problem. They succeeded in […]
- Peter Shor wins Breakthrough Prize in Fundamental Physics September 22, 2022MIT professor to share $3 million prize with three others; Daniel Spielman PhD ’95 wins Breakthrough Prize in Mathematics.
- Quantum Computing Inc. Announces a Subscription Services for Its Dirac Entropy Quantum Computer September 22, 2022We had previously reported in May that Quantum Computing Inc. (QCI) had acquired quantum photonic startup QPhoton and we also reported in July that Quantum Computing Inc. had used the QPhoton device to optimize vehicle sensor placement for a BMW/AWS Quantum Computing Challenge. The company has now announced that it will make the processor, which […]
- Classiq Adds Another $13 Million to Its Series B Round September 21, 2022Classiq, an Israeli quantum software company, has expanded its Series B funding round to $49 million from the previous $36 million that we reported on last May. The investor for this latest portion is Awz Ventures, a Canadian-Israeli venture capital firm. The company will be using the funds to open new offices in Japan and […]
- Between two universes September 20, 2022Mohammad Javad Khojasteh, a postdoc at MIT LIDS, uses both classical and quantum physics to improve state-of-the-art capabilities in communication, sensing, and computation.
- Silicon nanopillars for quantum communication September 20, 2022Across the world, specialists are working on implementing quantum information technologies. One important path involves light: Looking ahead, single light packages, also known as light quanta or photons, could transmit data that is both coded and effectively tap proof. To this end, new photon sources are required that emit single light quanta in a controlled […]
- Zyvex Announces an Extremely Precise Lithography System for Use in Fabricating Quantum Processor Chips September 20, 2022Zyvex new product, called ZyvexLitho1TM uses scanning tunneling microscopy (STM) to achieve line widths of 0.768 nanometers which is much better than the DUV or EUV systems used in the most advanced semiconductor fabs. It uses a technology called Hydrogen Depassivation Lithography which is a form of Electron Beam Lithography (EBL) that achieves atomic resolution. Uses […]
- Podcast with Simon Phillips, Chief Technology Officer at Oxford Quantum Circuits September 19, 2022Simon Phillips, Chief Technology Officer at Oxford Quantum Circuits is interviewed by Yuval Boger. Simon and Yuval talk about OQC's unique approach to building quantum computers using superconductors, why OQC's quantum computer is online just some of the time, Simon's journey from gaming to quantum computing and much more. Transcript Yuval Boger: Hello, Simon. And […]
- Quantum Delta NL Awards €7.87 Million ($7.86M USD) as Part of Its “Quantum SME Call” September 19, 2022Quantum Delta NL issued a call to quantum SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises) for proposals to receive funding for innovative projects related to quantum technology. Those selected would receive grants ranging from €500,000 to €2 million. They received 18 proposals and selected 10 of them for funding. The companies receiving the funding include Appsilon Enterprise […]
- I had a dream September 14, 2022As I slept fitfully, still recovering from COVID, I had one of the more interesting dreams of my life: I was desperately trying to finish some PowerPoint slides in time to give a talk. Uncharacteristically for me, one of the slides displayed actual code. This was a dream, so nothing was as clear as I’d […]
- Scientists see spins in a 2D magnet September 7, 2022Research shows that spinning quasiparticles, or magnons, light up when paired with a light-emitting quasiparticle, or exciton, with potential quantum information applications.
- What I’ve learned from having COVID September 4, 2022The same thing Salman Rushdie learned: either you spend your entire life in hiding, or eventually it’ll come for you. Years might pass. You might emerge from hiding once, ten times, a hundred times, be fine, and conclude (emotionally if not intellectually) that the danger must now be over, that if it were going to […]
List of sources
Quantum Computers News — ScienceDaily https://www.sciencedaily.com/rss/…/quantum_computers.xml
MIT News – Quantum computing https://news.mit.edu/rss/topic/quantum-computing
Institute for Quantum Computing https://uwaterloo.ca/…/news.xml
quantum computing – News http://news.fnal.gov/tag/quantum-computing/feed/
Quantum Computing Report https://quantumcomputingreport.com/feed/
- Scott Aaronson https://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/?feed=rss2
- Quantum World Association https://medium.com/feed/@quantum_wa