Quantum Computing News
- China could rule world's technology, UK cyber spy chief says April 23, 2021Fleming said quantum computing, which uses the phenomena of quantum mechanics to deliver a leap forward in computation, was getting closer and ...
- Par Equity steps up investment activity across the North of the UK April 23, 2021... advanced materials, nanotechnology, photonics and quantum computing. ... clean-up and enrich sensitive information such as customer addresses.
- Universities call on EU not to restrict Horizon access April 23, 2021... exclude associated countries, including Switzerland, the UK and Israel, from Horizon Europe's quantum computing and space research projects.
- UK cyber spy chief says: quantum computing is closer but beware the risk April 23, 2021LONDON — Britain's top cyber spy said on Friday that quantum computing was coming closer but that it posed a potential risk as adversaries could ...
- UK cyber spy chief says: quantum computing is closer but beware the risk April 23, 2021"Quantum computing is coming closer - its still some way off depending on who you talk to," GCHQ Director Jeremy Fleming said after a lecture at ...
- Universities across Europe urge EU to remove threat of research ban on Israel, UK and Switzerland April 23, 2021“Close and trusted research collaboration is key for achieving real breakthroughs in quantum computing and other strategically important fields.
- Report Overview: Quantum Dots Market Size and Share | Research and Statistics – 2026 | Europe ... April 23, 2021The report also showcases important information related to the assessment that the market retains and an in-depth analysis of the Global Quantum ...
- Confluent Files For IPO; Event Streaming Company Valued At $4.5 Billion April 23, 2021... new partnerships, including with the FinTech Ally, which works on boosting the role of quantum computing in the financial services sector. According ...
- Quantum Information Processing Market Report 2020 comes with the extensive industry analysis of ... April 23, 2021Global Quantum Information Processing Market Research Report 2021. Ask for Sample/Enquiry and details report @ WMR
- Researchers create ultralow-loss silicon nitride integrated photonic circuits April 23, 2021This type of IC can encode information into light to be transmitted through ... coherent LiDAR, photonic neural networks, and quantum computing.
- With new optical device, engineers can fine tune the color of light April 23, 2021... photonic architecture that could transform fields ranging from digital communications and artificial intelligence to cutting-edge quantum computing.
- Researchers Realize High-efficiency Frequency Conversion on Integrated Photonic Chip April 23, 2021... and atomic transition, coherent frequency conversion is a necessary interface for distributed quantum computing and quantum networks. Integrated ...
- Researchers realize high-efficiency frequency conversion on integrated photonic chip April 23, 2021Coherent frequency conversion process has wide application in classical and quantum information fields such as communication, detection, sensing, ...
- The Sino-American Race for Technology Leadership April 23, 2021AI and quantum computing, to name just two of them, could change the balance of global power. One would have expected Congress and President ...
- Ally partners with Microsoft Azure to prepare quantum computing-ready workforce April 23, 2021A quantum computer can perform calculations based on the probability of an object's state before it is measured - instead of just 1s or 0s and process ...
- Quantum Computing Market Growth Outlook, Opportunities and Forecast Assessment, 2021 to 2027 April 23, 2021On the basis of historic growth analysis and current scenario of Global Quantum Computing Market market place, the report intends to offer actionable ...
- Building a Fault-Tolerant Quantum Computer, The Amazon Way April 23, 2021The active quantum error correction is an approach for reducing gate error rates by redundantly encoding information into a protected qubit using ...
- Delivering quantum-like capabilities to the desktop to overcome combinational optimisation problems April 23, 2021How the latest innovation in computing is helping to bring quantum ... without the need for quantum computers - thereby avoiding any associated costs ...
- US $360bln tech investment gap needs mending April 23, 2021... money into a renamed National Science and Technology Foundation for research in biotechnology, robotics, quantum computing and other areas.
- Photonic Integrated Circuit (IC) and Quantum Computing Market Key Players, Latest Trends, Future ... April 23, 2021This listing covers many essential aspects from the net Photonic Integrated Circuit (IC) and Quantum Computing industry. Worldwide marketplace trends ...
- Canadian Government to Invest $360 Million CAD ($288 USD) for Quantum R&D Over the Next Seven Years April 22, 2021As part of its Budget 2021 A Recovery Plan for Jobs, Growth, and Resilience proposal, the Canadian government has proposed spending $360 Million Canadian dollars to launch a National Quantum Strategy. The goal is to amplify Canada’s significant strength in quantum research, grow their quantum-ready technologies, companies, and talent, and solidify Canada’s global leadership in […]
- Xanadu’s Pennylane Software Now Supports IonQ’s Trapped Ion Computers April 22, 2021Xanadu has issued a new release of their Pennylane software and it now includes a plug-in that can natively support IonQ's trapped ion machines. This support extends Pennylane's support for already a wide variety of quantum hardware platforms from IBM, Google, Rigetti, AQT, Pasqal, Honeywell, Amazon Braket, and Xanadu's own Strawberry Fields. Additional details are […]
- NEC Australia and D-Wave Team for Australia Department of Defence Demonstration April 22, 2021The two companies will work together to demonstrate how hybrid quantum computing technology can solve a “last mile resupply” problem by calculating how autonomous vehicles can resupply army forces from a central base in an optimum way. NEC and D-Wave had signed an agreement in November 2019 to work jointly on sales, marketing and applications […]
- Doubts about teapot supremacy: my reply to Richard Borcherds April 20, 2021Richard Borcherds is a British mathematician at Berkeley, who won the 1998 Fields Medal for the proof of the monstrous moonshine conjecture among many other contributions. A couple months ago, Borcherds posted on YouTube a self-described “rant” about quantum computing, which was recently making the rounds on Facebook and which I found highly entertaining. Borcherds […]
- Combining light, superconductors could boost AI capabilities April 20, 2021As artificial intelligence has attracted interest, researchers are focused on understanding how the brain accomplishes cognition so they can construct systems with general intelligence comparable to humans' intelligence. Researchers propose an approach to AI that focuses on integrating photonic components with superconducting electronics; using light for communication and complex electronic circuits for computation could enable […]
- Boosting fiber optics communications with advanced quantum-enhanced receiver April 20, 2021Fiber optic technology is the holy grail of high-speed, long-distance telecommunications. Still, with the continuing exponential growth of internet traffic, researchers are warning of a capacity crunch. Researchers show how quantum-enhanced receivers could play a critical role in addressing this challenge. The scientists developed a method to enhance receivers based on quantum physics properties to […]
- Seed fund continues to support new diverse quantum projects April 20, 2021Tuesday, April 20, 2021 Two projects most recently supported by the Quantum Quest Seed Fund (QQSF) aim to make quantum concepts more easily understood. The goal of one project is to explain how differences in cultural background influence perception and acceptance to the basic principles of quantum physics, while the other aims to use interactive […]
- Two U.S. Senators Introduce Bills to Support Quantum Research and Workforce Development April 19, 2021Two U.S. Senators, Republican John Thune and Democrat Margaret Wood, have introduced two bill in the U.S. Senate to support quantum research and workforce development. The first bill, S.1197 known as the QUANTUM for National Security Act of 2021, would direct the Department of Defense to undertake several actions including: Public-Private Talent Exchange to exchange […]
- Quantum Brilliance and Quantum South Partner to Develop QC Solutions for Shipping Logistics Optimization April 19, 2021In collaboration between two companies located in the Southern Hemisphere, Australian company Quantum Brilliance is partnering with Uruguay based Quantum South to develop and market solutions for solving complex shipping logistics problems. A key problem for these companies is figuring out the best way of loading freight into one or many vehicles in order to […]
- Materials advances are key to development of quantum hardware April 19, 2021A new article argues that the ability to move forward on developing useful quantum computers requires new major advances in materials science, engineering and fabrication. The authors call for new approaches from broad areas of science and engineering.
- Federal government launches national quantum strategy April 19, 2021Monday, April 19, 2021 The University of Waterloo’s Institute for Quantum Computing welcomes the federal budget commitment to investing in a national quantum strategy. Alongside industry partners and other Canadian universities, the University of Waterloo has been advocating for a national quantum strategy to maintain Canada’s competitive edge as we develop and commercialize tomorrow’s technological breakthroughs, and […]
- U.S. Government Issues Three Funding Opportunity Announcements for Quantum Research April 17, 2021Three different U.S. government requests for proposals have been issued for different types of quantum research. The first is from the Department of Energy to provide $25 million for basic research toward the development of a quantum internet with a goal of building a regional scale testbed. The second announcement is from the U.S. Army […]
- European Quantum Industry Consortium (QuIC) Formed, Holds First General Assembly Meeting April 17, 2021The European Quantum Industry Consortium (QuIC) held its first virtual general assembly meeting last week with more than 100 members from the European quantum community. This consortium can be regarded as the European equivalent of the U.S. Quantum Economic Development Consortium (QED-C) with a mission to promote and foster the interests of the European quantum […]
- First IBM Q System One Installed in Europe April 17, 2021The first IBM Quantum System One has been installed in Europe as part of a joint project we first reported on back in September 2019 between IBM and the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft. The machine has been installed in an IBM facility in the town of Ehningen (near Stuttgart) in the German federal state of Baden-Württemberg for exclusive use […]
- Who’s News – Recent Management Additions in the Quantum Industry April 16, 2021Reflecting the dynamism of the industry, a number of management additions have been recently announced at companies including Cambridge Quantum Computing (CQC), ColdQuanta, Quantum Computing Inc. (QCI), Quantropi and Oxford Instruments Nanoscience. · CQC has appointed Professor Stephen Clark as Head of Artificial Intelligence. Professor Clark was previously a Senior Staff Research Scientist at […]
- Experiments cast doubts on the existence of quantum spin liquids April 16, 2021A quantum spin liquid is a state of matter in which interacting quantum spins do not align even at lowest temperatures, but remain disordered. Research on this state has been going on for almost 50 years, but whether it really exists has never been proven beyond doubt. An international team has now put an end […]
- Qu&Co Collaborates with LG Electronics on QC Research April 16, 2021Qu&Co and LG Electronics (LG) have announced a three year project to develop and test quantum algorithms for multiphysics simulation. The core of the research appears to be based upon a method of "Solving nonlinear differential equations with differentiable quantum circuits" and described by Qu&Co and the University of Exeter in a paper posted on […]
- Entanglement-based quantum network April 15, 2021A team of researchers reports realization of a multi-node quantum network, connecting three quantum processors. In addition, they achieved a proof-of-principle demonstration of key quantum network protocols.
- The ACM Prize thing April 14, 2021Last week I got an email from Dina Katabi, my former MIT colleague, asking me to call her urgently. Am I in trouble? For what, though?? I haven’t even worked at MIT for five years! Luckily, Dina only wanted to tell me that I’d been selected to receive the 2020 ACM Prize in Computing, a […]
- Water and quantum magnets share critical physics April 14, 2021Water can freeze from liquid to solid ice or boil into a gas. In the kitchen these 'phase transitions' aren't smooth, but their discontinuous nature is smoothed out at high pressure. An international team of physicists has now discovered the same behavior in certain quantum magnets, which may have consequences for the technology of qubits.
List of sources
Quantum Computers News — ScienceDaily https://www.sciencedaily.com/rss/…/quantum_computers.xml
MIT News – Quantum computing https://news.mit.edu/rss/topic/quantum-computing
Institute for Quantum Computing https://uwaterloo.ca/…/news.xml
quantum computing – News http://news.fnal.gov/tag/quantum-computing/feed/
Quantum Computing Report https://quantumcomputingreport.com/feed/
- Scott Aaronson https://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/?feed=rss2
- Quantum World Association https://medium.com/feed/@quantum_wa