Quantum Computing News
- Japan considers tougher rules on research interference amid US-China tensions August 4, 2020... quantum computing, artificial intelligence and semiconductor manufacturing ... For instance, some universities collect information about researchers' ...
- Global Quantum Information Processing Market 2025 Real Time Analysis & Forecast of COVID 19 ... August 4, 2020This detailed and meticulously composed market research report on the Quantum Information Processing market discussed the various market growth ...
- 4DS Memory (ASX:4DS) granted three more US patents August 4, 2020... South Korean patent. Archer Materials (AXE) is advancing it's Republic of Korea patent application for its12CQ quantum computing chip technology.
- Is Quantum Computing Ready for Prime Time? August 4, 2020Development of Quantum Computers. MIT put quantum computing back on its technology list in 2020 because a quantum computer with 53 qubits built ...
- India must start work on 6G now August 4, 2020... federated cloud infrastructure spread globally, which is running on quantum computing and powered by distributed native Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Defending Australia in a high-tech future August 4, 2020... strategic technologies, such as artificial intelligence, quantum computing and engineering biology. This means ensuring the long-term sustainability ...
- VanEck Subsidiary Bolsters Index Business With Purchase Of BlueStar August 3, 2020... the Defiance Quantum ETF (QTUM), a $32.7 million fund focused on companies involved in the development of quantum computing and machine ...
- Close calls and near-misses: Air Force chief has had highs, and at least one low August 3, 2020... link such cutting-edge technologies as hypersonic missiles, quantum computing and artificial intelligence in ground, sea, air and space operations.
- “Made in America” is on (government) life support, and the prognosis isn't good – TechCrunch August 3, 2020Whereas Congress spends billions to attempt to salvage the chip trade, the Trump Administration announced a $75 million quantum computing ...
- Summer Reading: Here's a Quantum Advantage You Can Bet On! August 3, 2020While quantum computing researchers today vigorously chase a ... run on a quantum computer provides sufficient advantage to warrant switching from ...
- “Made in America” is on (government) life support, and the prognosis isn't good August 3, 2020... the Trump Administration announced a $75 million quantum computing initiative aimed at spurring America to the frontiers of advanced computing.
- Quantum Cryptography Market Detailed Analysis of Current Industry Figures with Forecasts Growth ... August 3, 2020The rise in quantum computing has led to the surge in expose of confidential data across industries. Owing to this, several end users of encryption ...
- Microsoft is in talks to buy TikTok. US prosecutors charge three in the Twitter hack. August 3, 2020Contracting offices join forces to tackle Sixteenth Air Force Information ... of switching colors allow room-temperature quantum computing (Purdue) A ...
- Jülich Supercomputing Centre Announces New AI Project 'AlphaNumerics Zero' August 3, 2020Our goal is to use reinforcement learning techniques so that the computer learns ... While quantum computing researchers today vigorously chase a ...
- China's new strategic positioning August 3, 2020It has already built a Quantum Computing Laboratory in Hefei, Anhui Province, with 10 billion U.S. dollars, while the China-U.S. Economic and Security ...
- George Mason University Researchers to Receive Funding for Acquisition of Adaptive Computing ... August 3, 2020This project will acquire, install, and deploy a reconfigurable computer ... From parallel programming to exascale to quantum computing, the details ...
- Quantum Machines Learn 'Quantum Data' August 3, 2020Quantum computers utilize quantum mechanical effects to store and manipulate information. While quantum effects are often claimed to be ...
- Quantum Computing Market Segmented by Product, Top Manufacturers, Geography Trends ... August 3, 2020The global Quantum Computing Market Report 2020 was prepared to provide the market landscape and unlimited guidelines for the current market ...
- Quantum machines learn 'quantum data' August 3, 2020Quantum computers utilise quantum mechanical effects to store and manipulate information. Quantum computing offers orders of magnitude better ...
- OTI Lumionics Announces ConducTorr™ CPM for Enabling Under Display Camera and Face Unlock August 3, 2020It is the first to apply quantum computing to commercial size materials design problems. OTI is currently focused on developing key enabling cathode ...
- Blackjack: Can a quantum strategy help bring down the house? August 3, 2020Now researchers have shown that the weird, quantum effects of entanglement could theoretically give blackjack players even more of an edge, albeit a small one, when playing against the house.
- Can a quantum strategy help bring down the house? August 3, 2020Study finds quantum entanglement could, in principle, give a slight advantage in the game of blackjack.
- Contributor Program August 1, 2020The Quantum Computing Report, established in 2015, is the leading and most authoritative web site devoted to the quantum computing industry. Articles posted in the Quantum Computing Report have been referenced or quoted in major national and international media outlets including the Washington Post, CNBC, Forbes, Scientific American, The Economist, Nature Magazine, The Guardian, TechCrunch, […]
- Sharing a secret...the quantum way July 31, 2020Researchers have demonstrated a record setting quantum protocol for sharing a secret amongst many parties.
- U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) Weighs In on Post Quantum Cryptography (PQC) July 29, 2020In the aftermath of the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) selection of candidates for Round 3 of the PQC selection process, the NSA has posted comments on what types algorithms they are favoring for national security and commercial use cases. The NSA has reviewed the security of many of the algorithms and […]
- Scientists make quantum technology smaller July 29, 2020A way of shrinking the devices used in quantum sensing systems has now been developed.
- Healing an Achilles' heel of quantum entanglement July 29, 2020Researchers have solved a 20-year-old problem in quantum information theory on how to calculate entanglement cost -- a way to measure entanglement -- in a manner that's efficiently computable, useful, and broadly applicable in several quantum research areas.
- Simulating quantum 'time travel' disproves butterfly effect in quantum realm July 29, 2020Using a quantum computer to simulate time travel, researchers have demonstrated that, in the quantum realm, there is no 'butterfly effect.' In the research, information--qubits, or quantum bits--'time travel' into the simulated past.
- “Giant atoms” enable quantum processing and communication in one July 29, 2020Researchers devise an on-off system that allows high-fidelity operations and interconnection between processors.
- Solving materials problems with a quantum computer July 28, 2020Scientists have developed a method paving the way to using quantum computers to simulate realistic molecules and complex materials. They tested the method on a quantum simulator and IBM quantum computer.
- Innovare Advancement Center to Provide Over $1 Million in Grants for University Quantum Research During a Pitch Competition September 1-3, 2020 July 25, 2020Innovare Advancement Center, a new technology accelerator in Rome, New York that was recently created in partnership by the Air Force Research Laboratory Information Directorate (AFRL/RI), Griffiss Institute (GI), Oneida County (OC), and State University of New York (SUNY), announced it will host a “$1,000,000 International Quantum U Tech Accelerator” event on September 1-3, 2020. This event will provide one year grants for […]
- Commentary: America must invest in its ability to innovate July 24, 2020Presidents of MIT and Indiana University urge America’s leaders to support bipartisan innovation bill.
- Department of Energy (DOE) Unveils Blueprint for a U.S. Quantum Internet July 23, 2020In an event held at the University of Chicago, the U.S. DOE unveiled a blueprint for creating a quantum internet in the United States. The network would start with a network being constructed in the Chicago area between the University of Chicago, the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory (Fermilab) in Batavia, Illinois, and the Argonne National […]
- The Busy Beaver Frontier July 23, 2020A life that was all covid, cancellations, and Trump, all desperate rearguard defense of the beleaguered ideals of the Enlightenment, would hardly be worth living. So it was an exquisite delight, these past two weeks, to forget current events and write an 18-page survey article about the Busy Beaver function: the staggeringly quickly-growing function that […]
- NIST Selects 7 Finalists and 8 Alternates for Round 3 of the PQC Standardization Program July 22, 2020As part of the ongoing program to develop a quantum resistant Post Quantum Cryptography (PQC) standard which started in 2017 with 69 candidate algorithms, NIST has announced they have finished their analysis for Round 2 which began in January 2019 with 26 algorithms and are now proceeding to Round 3 with seven finalists and eight […]
- NSF Establishes Three Quantum Leap Challenge Institutes with $75 Million in Funding July 22, 2020We reported last year on the U.S. National Science Foundation’s (NSF) “Big Ideas” concept to fund bold long-term research and process ideas, the NSF is setting up the Quantum Leap Challenge Institutes (QLCI) to perform research in the focus areas of quantum technology. Today, the concept has turned into reality with NSF’s announcement in partnership […]
- QC Ware Releases New Version of their Forge Software Which Includes New QML Data Loading Algorithms July 21, 2020One of the challenges of implementing a Quantum Machine Learning algorithm (QML) in a quantum computer is initially loading the classical data into the qubits. Although a certain number of qubits can theoretically hold more information using superposition and entanglement than the same number of bits in a classical computer, loading the data so that […]
- Is this blog obsolete? July 21, 2020Longtime friend-of-the-blog Michael Nielsen, formerly a quantum computing theorist and now an independent thinker about science and AI and learning, posted the following exchange with the astounding GPT-3 text generator / chatbot: Q: Is it possible to use quantum computers to solve NP-complete problems in polynomial time?A: It is not possible to use quantum computers […]
- Quantum exciton found in magnetic van der Waals material NiPS3 July 20, 2020Things can always be done faster, but can anything beat light? Computing with light instead of electricity is seen as a breakthrough to boost the computer speeds. Transistors, the building blocks of data circuits, require to switch electrical signals into light in order to transmit the information via a fiber-optic cable. Optical computing could potentially […]
- Atomtronic device could probe boundary between quantum, everyday worlds July 17, 2020A new device that relies on flowing clouds of ultracold atoms promises potential tests of the intersection between the weirdness of the quantum world and the familiarity of the macroscopic world we experience every day.
List of sources
Quantum Computers News — ScienceDaily https://www.sciencedaily.com/rss/…/quantum_computers.xml
MIT News – Quantum computing https://news.mit.edu/rss/topic/quantum-computing
Institute for Quantum Computing https://uwaterloo.ca/…/news.xml
quantum computing – News http://news.fnal.gov/tag/quantum-computing/feed/
Quantum Computing Report https://quantumcomputingreport.com/feed/
- Scott Aaronson https://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/?feed=rss2
- Quantum World Association https://medium.com/feed/@quantum_wa