Quantum Computing News
- Centre for Quantum Technologies: lucky time for scientists working on quantum computing October 25, 2020“There are algorithms for computationally intensive tasks that conventional computers are not very good at. And the only way forward with a normal ...
- Providence-Based Graphene Composites Wins MassChallenge Platinum Award October 25, 2020The applications are limitless -- from body armor, to airplanes and boats, to wind turbines, and even quantum computing, Chen believes he has a ...
- The missed opportunities for 2020 and beyond October 25, 2020... order to boost American investment in AI research, and this year his Administration asked to double federal spending on quantum computing and AI.
- Rising Production Scale Motivates Phthalocyanine Blue Market Growth in the Coming Years October 25, 2020Quantum computing. Segment ... The Phthalocyanine Blue market is analysed and market size information is provided by regions (countries). The key ...
- Global Quantum Computing Market Data Analyis 2020-2027 : Google, IBM, DWave, Intel, Microsoft ... October 25, 2020The Quantum Computing market offers a common platform with multiple opportunities to many firms, associations, industries, and other products and ...
- Wait for a Post-Election Pullback to Buy Array Technologies Stock October 25, 2020Most computer chip companies today are “fab-less,” based not on ... its quantum computing efforts, although they won't contribute to profit for years.
- Workhorse Group Is a Buy Even with the USPS Contract Delay October 25, 2020What does this mean for companies in the business of making computer ... It's also pushing its quantum computing efforts, although they won't ...
- The synthetic diamond market research report with the latest news includes... October 25, 2020Your contact information is provided for a better understanding. ... Cutting Tools, Surgical Machines, Water Treatment, Quantum Computing, Optical.
- Comprehensive Report on Quantum Information Processing Market 2020 | Size, Growth, Demand ... October 25, 2020“Quantum Information Processing Market is growing at a High CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2026. The increasing interest of the individuals ...
- Nearly 15000 turn out on first day of early voting in Erie County October 25, 2020... Kenneth Regan, a University at Buffalo computer science professor. ... book for her class and Regan editing a paper on quantum computing.
- Trump promised to win the trade war with China. He failed October 25, 2020... quantum computing, artificial intelligence and biotechnology. "In vying for dominance in these areas, the US and China have set about decoupling, ...
- Quantum Computing Technologies to Garner Brimming Revenues by 2020-2025 October 24, 2020The latest published an effective statistical data titled as Quantum Computing Technologies Market. It defines about the recent innovations, ...
- With Election Day 10 days away, thousands turn out for early voting October 24, 2020... with her husband, Kenneth Regan, a University at Buffalo computer science ... book for her class and Regan editing a paper on quantum computing.
- FBCCI sees next tier Bangladesh-India trade relations October 24, 2020... joint-ventures in automobile, motorbike components manufacturing, quantum computing, quantum internet, start-up ecosystem, cyber security, skills, ...
- Global Quantum Software Market 2020 Recovering From Covid-19 Outbreak | Know About Brand ... October 24, 2020Analysis of Global Quantum Softwaremarket Key Manufacturers with Company Profile, Product Information, Production Information and Contact ...
- Prasanna Balachandran shortcuts search for multi-functional materials October 14, 2020He meets the challenge with a data-driven approach combining artificial intelligence and quantum mechanics. "My computational models anticipate ...
- Event recap: How will quantum computing shape the future of AI? October 23, 2020From Center for Data Innovation, Oct. 23, 2020: Fermilab Deputy Director Joe Lykken participates in a panel discussion on the impact quantum computing will have on AI and which sectors might benefit the most from their marriage. A video of the discussion is available in the post.
- Extreme events in quantum cascade lasers October 23, 2020Based on a quantum cascade laser (QCL) emitting mid-infrared light, the researchers developed a basic optical neuron system operating 10,000× faster than biological neurons.
- Optical wiring for large quantum computers October 22, 2020Researchers have demonstrated a new technique for carrying out sensitive quantum operations on atoms. In this technique, the control laser light is delivered directly inside a chip. This should make it possible to build large-scale quantum computers based on trapped atoms.
- Daniel Harlow awarded Packard Foundation Fellowship October 20, 2020Physics professor receives one of the most prestigious nongovernmental awards for early-career scientists.
- IQC faculty honoured with President’s Excellence in Research awards October 20, 2020Tuesday, October 20, 2020 Four faculty members at the Institute for Quantum Computing received President’s Excellence in Research awards for their research achievements that were recognized by national or international foundations, associations and institutions. David Gosset, Christine Muschik, Rajibul Islam and Raymond Laflamme were among 125 educators and researchers who were honoured for receiving President’s […]
- Physicist joins international effort to unveil the behavior of 'strange metals' October 19, 2020Physicists have solved the puzzle of the NFL behavior in interacting electrons systems, and provided a protocol for the establishment of new paradigms in quantum metals, through quantum many-body computation and analytical calculations.
- Quantum engines with entanglement as fuel? October 19, 2020It's still more science fiction than science fact, but perfect energy efficiency may be one step closer due to new research by physicists.
- Afterlife for Chemistry Simulations in Near-term Quantum Computers October 18, 2020By Andre, Saraiva, UNSW Before full quantum error correction is achieved, the range of problems that can be solved with the current small, noisy quantum computers is very limited. Among the most exciting applications is the computer simulation of molecules, with potential applications for drug design and discovery of special materials. These algorithms can use […]
- Ask Not What Quantum Can Do for Machine Learning, Ask What Machine Learning Can Do for Quantum October 18, 2020There is a lot of research underway on quantum machine learning to understand how the use of quantum computers can speed up machine learning applications. In particular, many researchers believe that in the future quantum computers will be able to speed up training for Boltzmann machines and neural networks. However, what has not received a […]
- Design Your Own Superconducting Qubits with IBM’s Qiskit Metal October 17, 2020Quantum Chip Design Flow and Where Qiskit Metal Fits In. Credit: IBM IBM is releasing an open source computer aided design (CAD) program called Qiskit Metal that will allow a user to layout and analysis a superconducting qubit. The program will include a library of elements such as transmon qubits and coplanar resonators and includes […]
- Fujitsu Partners with International Research Institutions for Quantum Research October 16, 2020Fujitsu Labs announced it will establish three new collaborations with academic institutions to research different topics in quantum computing. The first is a collaboration with RIKEN and the University of Tokyo to study superconducting quantum computers. The second is a project with TU Delft to research quantum computers built with diamond-based spin qubits. And the […]
- Researchers discover a uniquely quantum effect in erasing information October 16, 2020Researchers have discovered a uniquely quantum effect in erasing information that may have significant implications for the design of quantum computing chips. Their surprising discovery brings back to life the paradoxical 'Maxwell's demo', which has tormented physicists for over 150 years.
- Airbus Announces Five Finalists to their Quantum Computing Challenge October 15, 2020At the Q2B Conference in December 2018, Airbus announced a Quantum Computing Challenge to see whether any individuals or teams could help them find quantum computing solutions to five different computational problems they faced. Since then, they attracted interest from over 800 individuals, held webinars to clarify the problems and received proposals from 36 different […]
- Temperature evolution of impurities in a quantum gas October 14, 2020A new theoretical study advances our understanding of the role of thermodynamics in the 'quantum impurity' problem, which studies the behavior of deliberately introduced atoms (ie, 'impurities') that behave as particularly 'clean' quasiparticles within a background atomic gas, allowing a controllable 'perfect test bed' study of quantum correlations.
- Bringing a power tool from math into quantum computing October 14, 2020The Fourier transform is a mathematical operation essential to virtually all fields of physics and engineering. Although there already exists an algorithm that computes the Fourier transform in quantum computers, it is not versatile enough for many practical applications. In a recent study, scientists tackle this problem by designing a novel quantum circuit that calculates […]
- Vote in person if you can October 14, 2020[If you’re not American, or you’re American but a masochist who enjoys the current nightmare, this post won’t be relevant to you—sorry!] Until recently, this blog had a tagline that included “HOLD THE NOVEMBER US ELECTION BY MAIL.” So I thought I should warn readers that circumstances have changed in ways that have important practical […]
- Engineers create helical topological exciton-polaritons October 13, 2020Researchers have created an even more exotic form of the exciton-polariton, one which has a defined quantum spin that is locked to its direction of motion. Depending on the direction of their spin, these helical topological exciton-polaritons move in opposite directions along the surface of an equally specialized type of topological insulator.
- International Quantum Shorts film festival opens for entries October 13, 2020Tuesday, October 13, 2020 Calling for films that fit quantum stories into five minutes Can you show us the world through a quantum lens? The Quantum Shorts film festival is returning with a new call for entries. The international contest seeks films up to five minutes long that draw inspiration from the quantum world. The […]
- My second podcast with Lex Fridman October 12, 2020Here it is—enjoy! We recorded it a month ago—outdoors (for obvious covid reasons), on a covered balcony in Austin, as it drizzled all around us. I haven’t listened to it yet. Thanks so much to Lex for his characteristically probing questions, apologies as always for my verbal tics, and here’s our first podcast for those […]
- Generating photons for communication in a quantum computing system October 7, 2020New technique provides a means of interconnection between processors, opening the way to a complete quantum computing platform.
List of sources
Quantum Computers News — ScienceDaily https://www.sciencedaily.com/rss/…/quantum_computers.xml
MIT News – Quantum computing https://news.mit.edu/rss/topic/quantum-computing
Institute for Quantum Computing https://uwaterloo.ca/…/news.xml
quantum computing – News http://news.fnal.gov/tag/quantum-computing/feed/
Quantum Computing Report https://quantumcomputingreport.com/feed/
- Scott Aaronson https://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/?feed=rss2
- Quantum World Association https://medium.com/feed/@quantum_wa